Have you ever wanted to teach your children about inclusion? This set of children’s books do just that. Suitable in early years and primary settings, this set of books are designed to raise awareness of impairments and to encourage children to be more inclusive in their play.
- Zak the Zebra happens to have autism, he spins in a circle and flaps his ears when he is upset.
- Desmond the Dragon has dyspraxia and falls over his own wings.
- Percy the Parrot has ADHD, he just cannot stay still and gets his friends into all sorts of trouble.
The books explore how the characters are included by the rest of the animal friends living on a small island. Each page in the children’s books has a Widgit Symbol Strip telling the story in simple picture symbols to ensure the books are inclusive to all children.
Also included in the set is an adult teaching resource book full of over 250 activity ideas following the adventures in the children’s stories. The resource book comes with a free CD-rom of printable resources and a series of photocopy templates within the book itself.
Activities include fun and exciting games, arts and crafts ideas, opportunities to write stories, ideas to explore emotions and facial expressions.
- 1 x Teaching Resource Book with a free CD-Rom of activity templates
- 1 x Zak makes new Friends! (Autism) book
- 1 x Percy looks for Treasure! (ADHD) book
- 1 x A dragon comes to visit! (Dyspraxia) book
“I have been searching for books to help explain why some children in our school behave differently to others. These books are brilliant, we can use them in story times and the children all ask questions. I have been able to tell them about autism in a fun way and help the children think about how they can include children in our school into their play.” – Teacher, Primary School, Hertfordshire