This set is designed to help create conversations which will look at lots of issues around autism from the perspective of different people including siblings, parents, carers and teachers.
Take time to read through the questions and choose which ones you wish to use.
Example questions in relation to siblings of someone on the spectrum:
- What makes you feel proud to have a brother or sister with autism?
- What is the worst thing about autism?
- What does autism mean to you?
These type of questions allow the sibling to express their feelings and emotions in a safe environment.
Example questions in relation to Parents and Carers:
- What important things would it be useful for others to know about your son or daughter?
- What kind of thing causes your child to have a meltdown?
- How do you tell others about your son or daughter’s condition?
These questions help the parents explore their feelings and find out more about how to best help their child.
Example questions in relation to a teacher:
- Does the child respond to social praise?
- If not, how can you reinforce positive praise appropriately?
- How do you adapt your planning and communication to respond to the chid’s own learning style?
- How can you help other children in the class to understand autism?
- 1 x Pack of cards with 48 questions