Visual symbols can be used to support young children to learn by ‘seeing’. Use to reinforce language and provide visual symbols to remind children of what they are meant to be doing, to help listening skills, to aid choice and understand instruction. Also use visual symbols for those with English as a second language. The fans in this set are:
- 1 x Let’s Play Fan
- Give children a voice by choosing their own play activity
- 1 x Early Years Instructions Fan
- Support young children’s understanding of instructions that are used in Early Years settings every day
- 1 x Early Years Activities Fan
- Support young children’s understanding of what is going to happen next, or to choose their own early years activities
- 1 x Snack Fan
- Help children to choose their own snack and to illustrate their preferences
Fans are double laminated for extra strength and are 125mm tall by 45mm at their widest point.
These items are not toys and should be used under supervision.