Over 25 different classroom resources to support children & young people who happen to have ADHD
These practical resources have been designed in conjunction with teachers and learning support assistants to support children who have attention hyperactivity disorders.
- Not ‘hear’ when spoken to and not respond to instruction
- Be disorganised and find things distract them from a set task
- Forget to finish a task or activity and leave it without cleaning up or tidying
- Interrupt conversations and talk without thinking
- Demand attention but do not consider what you are doing or if you can be interrupted
- Often say what they think, which may be embarrassing or seemingly rude
- Find sleep can difficult and find concentration tiring
- Physically run, jump, leap and may put themselves into dangerous situations
These are just a few of the traits associated to ADHD. In the classroom it can be very time consuming and difficult to deal with their impulsive behaviour and seeming lack of self control.
The kit contains a book written by Wendy Usher founder of The Play Doctors ‘ADHD’ It’s not all about behaviour. Which takes an insightful look at the condition and provides many ideas and suggestions to help children take control of their own situation. This includes free copyright photocopy resources which you are welcome to use time and time again.
Also included in the kit are teachers and support assistant resources to help individual children.
1 x Stop and Think – What can I do when I feel angry fan
1 x Stop and Think – What can I do to calm down fan
1 x Stop and Think – How can I be polite fan
2 x Emotion Stop Think fans (matching above)
2 x Silicon Mood Bands (It’s OK/It’s not OK)
1 x Stay Safe Stranger Danger Fan
1 x I have ADHD Communication Passport Fan (self completion)
1 x Danger Fan
1 x boxed set of giant A6 playing cards Show Me Show Me Actions (32 cards)
2 x Can I Please and Please may I cards
1 each of 3 cards Think about it first, Ask before taking, Hands up before asking
1 x Fabric Storage Bag
“Having taught for 16 years, I’ve never come across a kit like this specifically for ADHD. The contents are great and really practical. I would recommend this product to other teachers and support assistants”. Teacher – Bedford