When a child feels worried or anxious it can become overwhelming. The worry grows and if not supported the child can become withdrawn and possibly depressed. This worry fan helps children to decide what to do about their worry. It provides simple ideas in an easily presented way and reminds them that the worry may not be so bad after all.
We suggest this fan is used alongside the Tell someone you feel worried fan which allows for personalised strategies to be recorded on the fan petals.
Ideas included in this fan:
- I can tell someone
- I can write my worry down
- I can find a quiet space
- I can breathe deeply and slowly
- I can stop and count to 10
- I can think about something I like
- I can hold something I like
- I can do some finger exercises
- I can do something sensory
- I can go for a walk or a run
All fans are available with a popper, keyring or on a lanyard.
Fans are double laminated for extra strength and are 125mm tall by 45mm at their widest point.
This item is not a toy and should be used under supervision.
This fan is available as part of our Being Worried Being Bullied Set of 4 Fans designed to help children to cope with worry and bullying